It’s been a week my friends. just a week. Once November hits my life becomes all about evaluations and reports until about May… not my favorite part of the job, but a necessity…. and a time consuming one … I have 2 evals to write up now, and another one on tuesday… so that’s where I’ve been!! Working late and typing about standard scores and percentile ranks!! So, let’s talk about the things that are getting me through all that 😀
1. I ran 3.26 miles yesterday 😀 I know that’s nothing to all my friends out there who would call that a warm up! But I haven’t run that far in quite some time, and I was really proud of myself. My shin hurts today, but whatever – totally worth it!! (Someone remind me of this statement when I start complaining!)
2. Tonight is an EPIC date night — like I am so excited that I can barely sit still!!! We’ve been planning it for several months– first off we are eating here. I’ve eaten there in the summer overlooking the water… but never in the main dining room!
and THEN! THEN FRIENDS … we are going to see this:
SO, SO, SO excited!! I have a fixation with this play – this will be the 5th time I’ve seen it!! And I also have a ton of souvenirs that go with it as well — I love the music, the story, the costumes… it’s all AMAZING!!! We have great seats too — and as soon as it is over, I’ll want to see it again 😀 Even P has admitted that he’s excited for tonight too!!
3. We made the decision this week that we were going to host Thanksgiving at our house – and this will be our first time cooking for the holiday! It was always my intention that I would take Thanksgiving as “our” holiday when my grandmother was no longer able to handle all the cooking!! It’s going to be a small amount of family, as some of P’s family is cooking as well – but I’m excited (and anxious!!) nonetheless! we are working on the menu this weekend. If you have any tips for me, pass them along!!
4. I managed to remember that I have to sign up for Foodie PenPals – and I made it on the list 🙂 I LOVE foodie penpals, and I”m planning on shopping for my penpal this weekend! AND Lindsay has come up with some amazing ideas to help out the Hurricane Sandy victims with December foodie penpals — she’s pretty awesome and inspiring! Speaking of Lindsay, she’s also bouncing around the idea of another “Photo A Day” challenge — yes please!
5. My mom’s birthday is this upcoming week – and I’m picking out a cake to make her. Right now I’m thinking this recipe for pumpkin gingerbread cake with cream cheese frosting… but I may change my mind 🙂
6. My genius of a dog got herself stuck in a tomato cage last night. Of course, P had to take her picture first, and then save her. She got herself so stuck that she couldn’t move. She’s perfectly fine, so it was good for a laugh or 2!!
7. Reading blogs. That sounds silly, but I’ve gotten way behind reading my blogs because all the work I’ve had to do – and I finally am close to catching up 🙂 I’ve also found some new ones to read that I am loving: Ali on the Run, The Hungry Runner Girl, and Enjoying the Small Things
8. It’s a three day weekend my friends. THREE DAY WEEKEND. I’m ready for a break. I don’t even care that I’m bringing work home with me. I’m so ready for a little downtime. or cleaning, in my case. Since I can’t sit still. But maybe I’ll have a change to catch up on some DVR now too. And a great big thank you to all those who have served and those who continue to serve America and protect our freedoms every day!
Have a glorious, fun-filled, relaxing weekend, dear friends!! I’m off to get caffeinated and get more pumped for date night 🙂