The snowstorm arrived… apparently, “we” are now naming winter storms now, and this particular one is called “Euclid” (really!?) — actually, it’s still snowing, and it is supposed to continue into the evening. It currently looks this this outside:
I am not a huge fan of snow – although, i will admit that it looks pretty! Fiona IS a BIG fan of the snow, so I’ll be bundling up in a little bit to go out and play with her
- My family – I am extremely close to my family, and I feel so lucky that I live less than 1o minutes from my parents and my younger brother! I know that Mom & Dad always have my back, and my mom is my best friend.
- My health - I know that this is somewhat cliche, but I feel very fortunate that I am able to wake up every day with no health issues and that I can eat, run, hear, see, think, and breathe with no major issues
- My house - as much work as it can be, I am thankful for the roof over my head
- Peter - Gosh, I love that boy so much!! I never knew that love could feel like this, and I feel so blessed and lucky that he loves me back. He is my best friend and he understands me better than just about anyone. Plus, he puts up with me every day
- Bella, Jackson, and Fiona- I don’t have any kids yet, but I sure do love my fur-kids! They make me laugh every day, and life is better with the 3 of them
- Books - I LOVE to read – and I much prefer the actual books! Reading is my favorite hobby, and it’s what I usually do for “me time” It’s always nice to be transported to some place new with an exciting storyline!
- Coffee -I’m a self-proclaimed coffee addict, and it makes me feel good!
- Running/Fitness -over the past year I’ve committed and dedicated myself to making workouts an integral part of my daily routine – I am thankful for the dedication I have to continue to do this, and how good I feel because of it
- My job – another cliche, I guess – but I know that there are many who are struggling to find work. While it may not be the perfect job, I am thankful for my paycheck and having the ability to pay my bills
- This blog - I started this baby back in August, and I never dreamed how much it would add to my life. It may not be very “big” or “popular” but it makes me happy, and I have had the opportunity to “meet” some amazing people I hope that it continues to grow
- Peanut Butter- yum!! makes my belly happy!
- My creativity - I don’t get to indulge this side of myself very often, but I really do love to create things and crafts — it always makes me happy
- Good smelling candles -sounds silly, but I love lighting all the candles in the house – they look beautiful and smell wonderful!
- My iPad - P bought mine for my 30th birthday — it was a big “want” – but is probably one of my most favorite gifts ever, and I’m not sure how I would live without it now!
- Heat and/0r warm cozy clothes - I am almost always cold, and I am thankful for all the things that keep me warm and toasty!
- My abilities in the kitchen - I can’t say that I always love cooking, but I am thankful that I am able to make delicious dishes/baked goods when I’m in the kitchen — lots of memories happen over food! I’m going to throw good wine in here too. Just because.
- Growth - not my height, haha! I’ve done a whole lot of growing over the past few years and I’m proud of the changes that I’ve been able to make. I’m interested to see who the person in 2013 will be
- Polka dots, leopard print, flip flops, turtles, and blue - those should probably count as more than 1, but this is my list and I can do what I want Those are all things that make me happy!!
- A good brain – I am thankful for all my memories, my organizing abilities, my achievements, and the way I think about things.
So, there you have it – 20 things that make me feel so blessed and grateful. When I first started my list, I thought I’d never get to 20! But as I started writing, I had to weed some things out This is such a good exercise (great challenge Elle & Lindsey!) — and one that we should all do more often
Your turn- tell me some things that you are most thankful for!!